Monday, April 26, 2010

Field report from the felt-lines:

After my minor morning tournament success, I decided to play in the late night tournament, the 11 PM. Those can be a little more fun since the tourists have been boozing it up all day.

My play was fairly strong and solid for the 1st part of the tournament—up to the initial break. I was aggressive and had only one show down. I think I chipped up to about 10,000 right before break. One hand really helped me and demonstrates really how clueless some players are.

I looked down at A,10 off suit and so raise to 400 when blinds are 50/100. A serious raise as I was in middle/late position. The button calls and everyone else folds. I had watched the button play and was not terribly impressed. Although, I thought that I would like to have sex with her if circumstances conspired to put us together. She was maybe 40ish; and had that lived-in look that many middle-age women have. One’s mind wanders sometimes.

The flop is 8c,kd,8s. I am first to act and want to stay aggressive. I hope this flop missed her, but I am certain she’s playing paint. She had been playing that way generally; she was a calling station. So I fire a bet; 1,000,-two black chips. Call. I am certain she caught a piece of this flop now. I think she has big slick, but I don’t know. But I am sure she caught some of the flop, however and because she simply called, I think she has a King. Next card is Qh so the board reads 8c,Kd,8s,Qh. Hmmm. I check, and she checks behind me. The last card is a miracle Jack. Broadway. Lucky. I bet 2,000. She calls, and I take the robust pot.

What did she have? She had K.Q. I was amazed she did not come over the top. She flopped top pair and only called. I could see her not coming over the top on the flop. She had two pair: Ks and 8s. Since I raised perhaps she put me on A,K, like I thought she might have. But after the turn? She had top two-K,Q, and she checked? This is a terrible play by her.

Let’s consider the situation. If I had flopped a strong, monstrous had like, say, a full house, maybe I raised with K,8—but not likely, or maybe I had A,8 and flopped a set, but raising with A,8 is unusual, or maybe I raised with pocket 8s, for the unbeatable quads, the call still makes little sense.

For starters, if those situations were true, there is no way I am betting on the flop, at least most of the time. If I have that dominating of a hand, with possible exception of A,8 or rag 8, I am not really concerned about anything and want to extract as many chips from her as I can by allowing her to “catch up,” as it were. So my bet on the flop communicates quite a bit. It says, in the very least, “something makes little sense here,” for some of the reasons I just pointed out. So her play should have been to re-raise me to at least 3000. That’s a difficult bet with a scary board, but seriously, what could I have had? Pocket A,A were the only thing to be realistically afraid of, and if one thinks a player has A,As, and one calls to see what the flop brings, then after said flop provides nothing, the obvious choice, the only choice is fold. The only other reasonable assessment by her was that I had A.K. So the check on the flop is maybe okay.

It is easy to analyze after the fact, but this seems clear, especially after the turn that she needed to bet or re-raise any bet. After the turn, she said top pair and checks? No way. She has to realize that. A poor play that I liked because she chipped me up; and she was sexy. Things don’t last forever, however.

Those players in the tournaments I play in abound. They often chip me up, unless they get lucky, which happens enough. Despite my strong play, alas no success here. At least no cash, but I did go deep in the tournament. Sometimes going deep is a win, a moral victory, which means “you’re a loser.”

Although this hand did not bust me out of the tournament, (I hung on far a long time after) it was the hand that sealed my fate. A little after the first break, the table I was on got broken up. I was sent to another table, right next to this fairly hot chick. She had on a tank top, revealing her ample and lusty breasts. Plus she was friendly—from Texas. She smiled a lot, and I immediately thought it would be great to sex her. She was pretty, friendly and a little flirty. I am positive every dude at that table had similar thoughts.

I saw her in the earlier tournament and knew she had a husband—good looking guy. Perhaps they were here for a swinger’s convention, I thought. Maybe they get off on having a guy fuck her as the husband watches. The trick was, how best to find this out without appearing to look like a complete perverted degenerate. I did not find out. I am still not sure how to broach that subject. The thing was, I put a brutal beat on her later in the tournament, which is like getting fucked, but without the fluids or mutual fun.

Anyway, I am in the small blind, next to a huge chip stack. Fucking shitting position to be in. I do have a nice chip stack, 9,000 or so. Strong for this point in the tournament. Everyone folds except the button, the hot chick in town for the swinger’s convention. I look down at Frosty The Snowman—pocket 8s.

The blinds are 200/400. I make it 1,200 to go. There is really one way to play middle pair. Be aggressive or hope to flop a set and play passive. I was aggressive, figuring the big blind would fold. The big blind calls, and hottie from Texas dumps her hand, complaining about the raise, but not in an irritating way. I thought it cute. Anyway, I am concerned about the big blind. I had not been able to see him play, but he did have a stack. He could be a guy who calls everything and has gotten lucky; or he could have a hand. Not good. I am praying for an 8. But God does not listen to atheists, so the flop comes Js,9c,Jh. Fuck, a big miss. However, I want to be aggressive, (I see no other way to win this pot) so I fire a 2,000 bet, hoping the jacks missed him and he would respect my pre-flop raise. He smooth calls. Fuck, fuck, I am fuct, I think. The next card is a blank, like a 6 or something. I check; he checks behind me. Hmmm. The next card does not help me and I check. He bets 4,000. In this hand I’ve lost 3,200, a third of my fucking stack. (This happens all too often to me.) I debate for awhile about this and almost talk myself into the call. Perhaps, he’s totally full of shit and is using the big stack to push me around. I even count out the call to see what I would have left. Not much at all. So I fold. Turns out that was the correct play. He told me later on break that he had a full house. I guess, he could have been lying, but he was flirting with the Hottie, discussing a bad beat he had given to her; he fucked her too, so I think it was a moment of truth.

Anyway, that hurt and the next hand, the table is broken up. I am put across the table from Macy and thus can intermittently look at her tits. This is a much better table. The Big Stack, who eventually knocks me out, is at the table too. Turns out, he played well. Not in very many pots, but played aggressive when in. Oh well.

So I am getting kind of short stacked after being blinded down a couple of times without a hand. I am the cutoff and need to make something happen. The blinds are at the doorstep, for fuck’s sake. I look down at A,J off suit, so all-in. Fold, fold and then Macy looks at her hand and starts to complain about the all-in, and so on. She does so in a flirty, non-threatening way. She calls my all-in and the table folds. She turns over Queens after I show my small penis of a hand. She has me dominated, but seems resigned to a brutally fucking by pointing our how her queens had lost to Big Stack’s ducks earlier in the evening. It sort of turned me on.

At this point she is 70% to win and not be metaphorically fisted by me. Come on Ace. The flop is ugly. The flop is 10,2,9. Now she is 84% to win. Shit! the turn is a 7 and she is still 84% to win. Then I call out, 8, come on 8. And the river is an 8. She got total fucked by me, which is what I wanted all along, but not exactly in this way, you understand. A straight to the jack. Hey maybe, I can get back into the tournament here. However, even with the double up I am only at 9,000. Not enough with 2,000/1,000 blinds.

Macy is polite about the bad beat and I apologize for it, but I am not even close to being sorry about this. She smiles and goes to the rail to watch the table. Two hands later, my demise comes hastily. I have Jacks and push all in. There are two callers, so I am sure I am fucked. Yep, I am up against 88s and AAs. Bad luck. AAs win. As I walk to the rail, however, Macy rubs me on the back and says “it’s alright,” or something like that, and I feel my dick twitch. It’s nice to be rubbed by a new female. Hmmm, perhaps I should figure out how to broach the swinger’s thing. In the end, I bummed a smoke and lost more money playing blackjack. Have I ever pointed out how fucking stupid I am? Blackjack is a loser, for losers. What was I doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment